and oh, I morphed 3 lizards into 3 dancing cheerleaders to lighten up the atmosphere ^^ don't worry, they'll not turn into their original form and bite your heads off until I say so^^
(you'll find out why I put those two little cuddly wuddly turtles beside.)
Kazuya Kamenashi (亀梨和也 ,Kamenashi Kazuya?), often called Kame, is a Japanese idol, singer-songwriter, actor, television personality and radio host. Born and raised in Edogawa, Tokyo, he joined the renowned Japanese talent agency, Johnny & Associates, at the age of 12 and was drafted as a member and leader of the popular J-pop group KAT-TUN in 2001 after the Ueda Tatsuya resigned from the role. The group officially debuted in 2006 and has since achieved a string of chart successes with all three albums and ten singles reaching number 1 on the Oricon charts. Kamenashi has also established himself as an actor with award-winning roles in Nobuta wo Produce, the second season of Gokusen and Kami no Shizuku and has regularly appeared in various television dramas since 2005. He is also a co-host of KAT-TUN's late-night NTV variety/talk show, Cartoon KAT-TUN, and a radio host with his own program aired by Nippon Cultural Broadcasting.
In 2005, Kamenashi co-starred in the television school drama, Nobuta wo Produce, with Tomohisa Yamashita of NEWS. The opening theme for the show, Seishun Amigo, was released as a single under the name Shūji to Akira ("Shūji and Akira"), despited being against the idea himself, after the names of their respective characters. Seishun Amigo was a massive hit debuting at number 1 upon its release on November 2, 2005 and sold more than 1 million copies in less than 4 weeks. It went on to spend 34 weeks in the Oricon weekly singles chart and became the best-selling single of 2005 in Japan. The song also continued its lengthy chart run into early 2006 and became the third best-selling song of 2006. Kamenashi has also written and performed a song named Kizuna for the second season of Gokusen which was one of the B-sides on the Seishun Amigo single and also penned a duet with bandmate Junnosuke Taguchi called Special Happiness.
Kamenashi is affectionately called Kame and is one of the two most popular members of KAT-TUN. Although the youngest member of KAT-TUN, he is considered the group's 'unofficial leader'. He works extremely hard, and is really talented in dancing. Excellent in public speaking, he is often appointed as the main speaker whenever KAT-TUN does their MC in TV shows or concerts. Kame-chan usually leads KAT-TUN's participation in the musicals. With Jin, he is the main vocalist of the group. He starred in Gokusen 2 with Jin and as a result, earned an award for best male supporting actor. Even before that though, Kame had starred in a Kimpachi Sensei dorama.
Kame is very close to his family. His dad always took him to watch baseball games and play together since he was little, so now Kame loves baseball more than anything. Kame is an exceptional basball player, even winning in friendly games against professional players (e.g. the Hanshin Tigers). He started playing when he was in the first grade and had represented Japan in the junior world leagues. Although he was later forced to give up the sport due to lack of spare time, Kamenashi had stated in interviews that Johnny Kitagawa, president of Johnny's Entertainment, was supportive of his passion.
Kame comes across as the real leader of KAT-TUN. Koki thinks so, too. Kame is the unofficial spokesman, tends to sing more parts than the other members and, of course, his name comes first in the initials "KAT-TUN". Although Kame comes across on-screen as very confident and self-assured, he is actually a self-conscious person. When he gets nervous he tends to lick his lips - and he does this quite a lot. Ryo Nishikido mistook this habit for Kame trying to be sexy, but Kame told him that he can't help doing it when he's really nervous. He is also a nervous speaker (surprisingly), and spends a lot of time practicing his speech in private.
One thing that is especially admirable about Kame is his determined spirit. He will try and try again until he gets things right. He is very hardworking and faces his fears head-on. Though he is terrified of heights, he persevered and conquered his fear while performing in Dream Boy and Summary (he had to bungee jump and everything!). Though he is quite shy, he throws himself into groups and is cheerful and friendly.
Nicknames: Kame, Kame-chan, Kazuya, Ka-kun, Kazu-chan, Kamekkusu, Kame-chi, Kamehameha, Kamerin
Name's origin : His mother wanted the "wa" of "heiwa" [peace] to be part of his name; it also comes from the name of "Kazuya", a character from the manga "Touch"
Birth Date: 23th February 1986
Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Blood Type: B ( d*rn we're not the same type!)
Height: 171 cm (5'7")
Weight: 55 kg (121 pounds)
Chest: 83 cm (33 inches)
Waist: 67 cm (26 inches)
Hip: 84 cm (35 inches)
Foot: 26.5 cm (10 inches)
Star sign: Pisces (ooo~ gotta check out if we're compatible *wink*)
Entered Johnny’s: November 8, 1998
Favorite Colors: Black, White, Blue
Favorite season: Fall
Family: Father, Mother, 3 brothers (Two Older, One Younger), one niece
Pets: Kaninchen Dachshund named Ran-chan (Click here to see Ran-chan! )
Favorite Word(s): ‘Challenge’ and ‘Enjoy’
Favorite food: Squid (sushi), bagels, noodles, grilled food, fish, Steak, Rice, Fugu (blow fish), bananas
Food He Hates: Pepper, Tomatoes, Pickled Plums, and Raisins
Hobbies: Walking his dog (Ran-chan), baseball, camping, surfing, keep-fit, and swimming.
Childhood Dreams: Become a pro baseball player
Musicians He Likes: Jack Johnson, Crystal Kay
Fave Type Of Girl: Fair skinned, very mature & must be older. (d*rn, i can't even apply!)
Favourite Sports : Baseball (has represented Japan in the junior leagues), Snooker (Billiard/Pool), Bowling, Basketball, and Water Sports
During his off days : Shopping, eating out, spending time at home
Favourite Body Part : Arms and...nostrils hair
Scariest thing on Earth : Betrayal
First thing that he'll see in the oposite sex : Eyes
During a fire, thing he will choose to save : Photo album
Instruments played : Alto french horn (played in the wind orchestra during grade four)
Cooking : Chaahan (fried rice)
Skill he'd like to have : Skill to memorize
More, More, More...
- He has two brothers, one older with a daughter, one about 16 years old, and no sisters.
- Some of his favourite hobbies are baseball, camping, surfing, keep-fit, and swimming.
- He is very unconfident with women, admitting that he finds it very difficult to talk to them.
- He is scared of vampires and heights.
- His best friend is Akanishi Jin, and some of his other friends are Takizawa Hideaki (Tackey & Tsubasa), Tachibana Keita (w-inds), and Domoto Tsuyoshi (KinKi Kids).
- His type of girl is one who is older than him, slim, physically fit, smells nice, has common sense, is understanding to men's feelings, and has an air of "purity and innocence".
- His cologne is "Burberry" (I can't remember which one, though).
- He's a worry wart.
- He feel slightly embarrass watching videos of from his previous performances. watch here!
- He likes to hold hands. (lol It's from ckt, he like to hold hands!! haha!!)
- He likes time alone, and could not be with a person 24 hours a day for too many days at a time.
- He is very determined and likes to try his very best in everything he does.
- He loves England, Spain and Italy (one of his favorite subjects in school was English).
- He is a high-school drop-out.
- When he comes home from work he gets his mother to massage his legs (he often wakes up in the night with leg cramps).
- He used to get nosebleeds all the time, but not so much anymore.
- If you compare KAT-TUN to a family, Kamenashi would be the oldest daughter.
- Tagushi said he was "like a lone wolf sometimes", "a really spoiled kid" and "the forerunner of times".
- He often forgets to click his tongue during the Real Face song.
- Officially exclaimed KAT-TUN's best impersonator (> Donald Duck, his dog, the frog from "Spirited Away"...)
- If he was not an idol, he'd like to be just an actor.
- "Kame" means "Turtle", that's why he says his animal analogy is a turtle. (that's why I put turtles ^_~)
- During the audition stages for the agency, he was coincidentally in the same interview group as current KAT-TUN bandmates, Jin Akanishi and Yuichi Nakamaru.
- Kame isn't a very confident person.
- When he was talking to Jin about the drama they were about to film (Gokusen 2), both of them confessed that they were very nervous about working with the cast. Jin revealed that he was shy, and that he was worried that the young people wouldn't like him (thinking himself "MAX loud" to an irritating level). Then Kame replied that he was also shy. Jin didn't actually believe him, but Kame went on to explain that he always worries about how he comes across to other people. He also said that he's a solitary person, who finds it difficult to spend too much time with people.
- Kame said that he always forgets to slow down when he speaks, and so he muddles up words. Therefore he practices saying "ka ki ku ke ko, ma mi mu me mo...", etc quickly to train himself not to muddle the letters up.
- His older brother, who is married with a little daughter, let's Kame babysit his child sometimes. (wow, that child is lucky to have a hot babysitter! d*rn i want to be babysit too!)
- Kame loves his niece, and says he is becoming more and more skillful at calming her down when she cries, with gentle kisses.
- Kame relies on his mother for a lot of things. (mommy's child, hehe!)
- His mother wakes him up in the morning, massages him when he is tired from work, and cooks him wonderful meals. (ooo~ i wanna do that too! *envy*)
- With his little brother, Kame plays baseball with him and affectionately calls him a "little punk" because his throw is better than his own.
- Though he is intimidated by women, he insists that he would not hesitate to grab his girlfriend's hand if she was too shy to hold his.
- He wants a girl as optimistic and strong-willed as he is, with a pure spirit and a clever mind.
- He smokes, but not that too often, stress reliever.
- He's a highschool drop-out. o_O"
- He sometimes goes to bed in animal costumes. (lmao, this info is sooooo cute!)
- He thinks that eyes are the most important feature of a person, and could fall in love with someone if they had a nice enough scent/perfume. (haha! better pick the best perfume when he's around^^)
- He was voted by young members of Johnny’s Juniors as the most popular member of KAT-TUN in “KAT-TUN wo Abake” – Shounen Club on air April 16, 2006
- He was a captain of the Johnny’s baseball team and received awards for MVP in Johnny’s Sport 2001 – 2003 – 2004.
- He got his Kaninchen Dachshund puppy named ‘Ran-chan’ from the same pet shop Jin bought Pin, they bought the two puppies together. As stated in the interview at Papollo/Potato magazine.
- Proclaimed KAT-TUN’s best impersonator; He does a good imitation of Donald Duck, his dog, the frog from Spirited Away…
- Eriko Kitagawa, the writer of ‘Tatta Hitotsu no Koi’ supposedly wrote that drama for Kamenashi to play the lead.
- He says he doesn’t write songs because he’s bad at it, but he has written both ‘Kizuna’ and ‘Special Happiness’ (under the pen name K²).
- In an MBTI personality test, he is stated as ESFJ.
- His two older brothers names are Yuichiro and Kouji. Then comes Kazuya as the third child. Finally his younger brother Yuuya.
- He was the first male to be voted Best Jeanist two years in a row after Eternal Jeanist Kimura Takuya and Kusanagi Tsuyoshi.
- He cries when watching movies.
- Unlike the popular belief, Kamenashi was pretty close with Ikuta Toma, it was rumoured that he bought 100,000 yen worth of necklace as Toma’s 17th birthday present.
- He picked up boxing during the filming of 1 Pound no Fukuin.
○ "I want to try making love with a 30 year old woman."
○ "I am zero-zero with Nakamaru."
○ "Women are my weakness - I just can't talk to them."
○ "Because I'm feeling passionate!" - CKT EP. watch here!
○ "Mornig, I'm a pig!" watch it here: LIPS making
○ "It's heartbreaking. The love is over; but there is a future ahead." watch it here: White X'mas making
○ "I always dream that I'm being chase around, in my dream I became a primary school student and on my way to school I was chase by a group of girls. Maybe it's because of my work always meeting the deadline." (Wink Up - April 2007)
○ "Once I threw away my baseball gloves as I lost a competition, my father said to me: "you have to learn to treasure and appreciate the things/people that you think is important". (e-pop - November)
○ Many times, I use my arms more than my brain. (e-pop - November)
○ "Today's sky seems to be waiting for me. Because of its beautiful clouds and its beautiful colour, I spent a longer time looking at it." I'm always writing this kind of sentences [in my diary]. (e-pop - November)
○ I think I want to live in this world for the rest of my life. (Wink Up - September 2004)
○ It's my ideal to be in love with my partner for a long time and then marry her. (Wink Up - September 2004)
○ My father is a kid. Today he also called my mom and invited her: "Let's go to the Tanabata festival together!" *laughs* (Wink Up - September 2004)
SNEAK-A-PEEK: Kamenashi's ROOM